SHELTER COVE OCEANFRONT INN
Welcome to the Oceanfront Inn – Shelter Cove’s premier seaside lodging. Our 10 room Inn and Restaurant are established atop a bluff overlooking the vast Pacific Ocean in Northern California’s Lost Coast. We offer the large rooms and modern conveniences of a major resort with the privacy and peace of a small lodge in the beautiful rural coastal hamlet of Shelter Cove. Immerse yourself in the beauty of the ocean from your private balcony or deck. Your accommodations couldn’t be closer to the spectacular waves below. Under new management, Your two innkeepers, Dale and Donna, will go above and beyond to make your stay full of happy memories.
Shelter Cove is a small seaside hamlet in the middle of the Lost Coast of Northern California in the secluded wilderness of the King Range Mountains. It is a peaceful, pristine wilderness with breathtaking ocean views. Population ranges from 400 in the winter to about 700 in the summer. The remoteness of Shelter Cove is not to be underestimated. Located centrally on the Lost Coast (the area of coastline too rugged to build Pacific Coast Highway 1), Shelter Cove is untouched beauty and peace rarely seen in the world today. The perfect quiet vacation respite in a diverse natural environment.
Deer, fox, and other animals roam freely about the town. Seal, river otter, sea birds and whales are common sights when enjoying the ocean views. In the mountains above the town, bear, mountain lion, and elk go about their lives, but are far less common to see. For those who live here, Shelter Cove is where humanity and nature closely co-mingle in in a beautiful, inexplicable way.
GET THE FIVE STAR TREATMENT
DINE AT THE SKY’S AT THE COVE RESTAURANT OPEN NOW!
The town is accessible by boat, small plane, or car via a small road which was the original wagon trail in the 1800’s. The road is paved, but narrow, twisty and steep in areas, so plan extra time to enjoy the pioneering spirit of the road. Be sure to use lower gears on the downhill sections (yes, automatic transmission cars, too.) You’ll no doubt happen upon the crazy fast locals who know the road well, so please use the turn-outs to allow faster traffic to pass.
Once you arrive in town, the main commercial area is on the open flats. There are three sit down restaurants, a deli, a bar, and a take-out pizza place. Days and hours can be limited, especially in the off season, so it’s always a good idea to bring a few provisions. The General Store is amazingly well stocked with a diversity of food, camping, fishing, and household supplies. They are also the only gas station in town. The nine hole golf course surrounds the small air strip. The coastline is dotted with black sand beaches, tide pools, rocky bluffs, picnic areas, and a boat launch.
Relax to the sounds of the surf as you settle into your beautiful room with flat screen TVs, Dish Network, free Wi-Fi, mini-refrigerator, microwave, Keurig coffee maker, and private furnished ocean facing balcony. Our deluxe rooms offer you the choice of a king bed for couples or a double queen bed for families and friends getting together. For your romantic occasion, upgrade to our Captain’s or Admiral’s Quarters with your private indoor Jacuzzi and spanning ocean views from your corner room. For the ultimate in home living on the beach, book our Beach House Apartment. Enjoy a private King bedroom, sofa-sleeper, full kitchen, huge glass windows facing the ocean, large furnished deck and BBQ.
- A private furnished balcony or deck overlooking the ocean
- Microwave, refrigerator, Keurig coffee maker, and hair dryer
- Flat screen TV with Dish Network
- Free fast wi-fi, newly upgraded!
- A BBQ grill with all the tools and picnic supplies available in our patio area
- Gas Fire Pit on the Patio
- Garden and Waterfall on the Patio
- Chairs and tables on the Bluff Lawn for ocean viewing
- Putting green and Horse shoes coming soon on the South Lawn
- In-room massages by appointment
- Iron, ironing board and toasters available upon request
- Laundry Service available for a fee
- Roll-a-way beds available for a fee
- Special Occasion beverage and snack baskets (call to order)
- Free loaner golf clubs for our 9 hole golf links course
- In-House Thai restaurant (American breakfast available) for your dining convenience (opening soon)
- Pet friendly rooms available with separate dog towels (dog fee applies)
- Loaner games and beach toys for the kids